THE MAID OR THE HELPER




I passed through a street to get to where I  was going and I spotted her sitting in a corner exhausted.

She was sleepy and yet she needed to take care of her madams wares, or else get beaten mercilessly

I tried saying HI, but she nodded her head by the wall as she finds a better spot to place her head

I came by again on my way home and found her picking beans with a sleepy eyes.. Oh, that is going to land her in bigger trouble, because by the time she has picked the beans and her madam finds stones in it, she will be in mess.

Before now, I have seen her in the street either crying for something that happened or she is sitting out waiting for a place to sleep possibly because her madam sent her out.

The ordeals are so much to count, no sane woman wants to have a child and sends out to be a maid for another woman, hmmm, but life happens.

I have have confronted her in many occasions and asked her what the problem was, one of the most compelling scene was one day I was on my way out, I saw her very early in the morning stained with blood and ran to tell her she was stained and she needs to change and this conversation happened between us.

Me.. Hi dear, good morning, you will have to go home and change, you are badly stained

Maid.. Aunty good morning, yes I know but I can't go home, I slept outside the house.

Me.. My eyes popped out bewildered, what did you say?

Maid.. Its a long story, please come and help me beg my madam, I have been knocking at the gate since last nigth she isn't opening the gate for me. 

Me.. Oh mine, what in the world did you do that warrants such treatment

Maid.. I broke her golden plate from Mecca mistakenly and that was because, when I was washing she was sending me on so many errands at the same time. 

Me.. Okay lets get to my place first, go and change and then we go to your house

Maid, aunty thank you o, God go bless you

The rest of the story was that, the big madam didn't allow her in and any one who came to beg on her behalf,  I parted ways with her making sure she has something to eat.

Somehow she became my friend from a distance, the madam never spoke to any one, she is always in her car and would not want to be confronted.

I just thought to myself this very woman has children of her own and will never allow any one maltreat her kids, so why will she keep doing this to an innocent young lady all in the name that she is a maid.

No one can speak for her, she has no where to go, she has no food, no home, nothing to be happy for, all her life is work work work and yet someone still takes advantage of her.

Dear madam and ogas, who has maids, please for the sake of humanity and in whatever you believe in learn to treat people nicely, things changes in life and you never can tell who you will meet or need help from.

These maids too have a life, they have feelings, they have family's separated from them, they deserve to live well, they also deserve to be happy and pursue a career, they are human beings and have rights too, for the sake of tomorrow, let your conscience help you think differently about your fellow man, if wishes were handy, they  won't be in your house in the first place.

Treat people nice for God's sake.

Vivsravine speaks©


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEFORE I DO

STOP 🛑 IT

DONT BE INTIMIDATED