I AM NOT A NIGERIAN




How I managed to be a Nigerian I really don't understand. 


How I grew up in such an environment with crazy mindsets, I can't explain. 


How I survived is still a shocker to me because I still find it very difficult to adjust. 


How on earth, is Nigeria a country still baffles me and I just wished it never existed. 


How did we come this far with repressed leaders who are too selfish and insensitive, is a big headache. 


Goosh, will I still have my kids in this kind of environment and oh goodness my survival was a miracle. 


I am not a Nigerian, I chose not to behave like them, think like them and be them. 


It's so sad when you see one million and one things go wrong and when try to fix it you become a target. 


How long do we keep pace with an unworkable system, bad leaders like bad breath, chocking and sniffing you.


They are always out to showoff with the resources of all yet they leave us to burn.


How do you mention it, how proud can you become and how happy are you to be a Nigerian?


The past plays tricks on us , the present look vague, the future isn't guaranteed, yet we hope. 


Miracles seems like it does not exist, hope crawls like snail, dreams dashed in the winds, oh dear country.


Do we still anticipate? 

Was the way out?

Where is the Saviour? 

What is our fate?

How long now?


We are in dark, so clueless without ligths,

The homes we long for seems very far, wished we can draw near, but how?


Am not a Nigerian because I chose to.

The green grass has turned black

The white sheets, red like crimson

The lands are dried like deserts

Where did the waters run to?

Even the air we breath, has been polluted


We have God alone to survive in Nigeria.


Vivsravine speaks ©


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEFORE I DO

STOP 🛑 IT

DONT BE INTIMIDATED