SO MUCH PRETENCE



God help this generation,the pretence and deceits is much, check and test all spirit he says.

If want to stay safe in this generation...don't expect too much from people and always be ready for the unexpected.

This was the conversation I had with a friend, who was sharing with me the pains he has to undergo and the lessons he learnt from a horrible relationship.

His story.....

I met Anita at a function, where we sat at the same table at the party, we shared the same views and somehow we exchanged numbers, later we became friends and that was how we decided to take the friendship to the next level for 3 years.

She was jobless as at the time of our relationship, I made sure I established her in a business and set her up, so that when I get married to her she won't start afresh, but I noticed that she was free with me only when money is involved and other times, she was very hostile, i just felt she will change when she becomes mine fully.

The same year I asked her to marry me, she told me to complete my house in the village before she will accept to marry me, because she wasn't ready to share a space with any one there, I doubled my hustle to meet up with her demands, since its my own house too.

That same year she asked me for money, saying she needs to go see her parents and as usual I gave her more than and even gifts for her parents.

She travelled for 3 days and all through her phone was ringing and she wasn't picking ny calls, I left several messages and she never replied, I was scared and tried to reach to all who knows her but I realised she never wanted me to know anyone form her side, so I hoped and prayed she will call me.

One afternoon, a client called me to come inspect a project, I was just arriving at the venue when I saw a waspp message from her, it was a traditional wedding pictures of her and a guy who lives abroad.

I lost my sense of balance and I started to weep in the car, I turned my engine and drove back home, I went to my room and realised that she picked every single things that belonged to her in my house, while I was wailing, she called me and all she said was,  Stan you are not my spec, am sorry, you will meet yours, and she hung the phone. 

These are just a little bit to the stories we hear, the tales are so endless and the pains keeps growing, many have various versions of what they have been through, not only in dating relationships, business relationships and even amongst families, the deceit is much and you keep wondering why do we become so close but in the end become perpetual enemies, the answers is not far fetched, its within. 

Deceit and pretence is living worm in our stomach, the more we feed it, the more it wants more, but when we starve it, the better we become, but no one wants to go starving, we soil relationship because of selfish gains and then regert it in no time. 

Stop expecting much from people no matter who they are to you, create a room called the unexpected, so that when people truly show you who and what they are to you, rather than hurting yourself, you become better like you already installed a shock absorber in you without fear, you gain your balance immediately. 

Don't create what you don't intend to end well with...

Vivsravine speaks © 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEFORE I DO

STOP 🛑 IT

DONT BE INTIMIDATED