EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE


On my way home, I came to the park to board a bus home, I asked the lady in front of the driver's seat if I could seat with her so we can ride together, she obliged.

At the point of entrance I noticed she was speaking to someone who was standing by the window side.

Almost immediately my phone rang and I picked my call while she continued with the guy, then when I dropped my call, she asked me what I wanted as a drink under the hot sun.

I was amazed and enquired why the sudden gesture from the both of them, but mostly from the lady who asked me what I wanted.

Upon the revelation, I was told that the man was the bus money collector for the park, he and the lady placed a bet that the bus will get filled in 10 minutes but the lady said it would be more than that, so whosoever won the bet would buy drink for the other.

So since the lady won, she offered me a drink which the guy paid for the both of us and also paid for our a transportation fare.

We all exchanged numbers and bid farewell as the bus left, while I and the lady continued our journey, we really got along so well.

We got to know we were from the same place, shared similar ideas and agreed to a certain way about life issues and its challenges too.

When we finally got off the bus, we walked hand in hand like we had known a long time, got to the point of departure, we hugged and exchanged pleasantries.

I got home to text both of them, thanking Mr. Kenny Coker for a show of selfless and beautiful gesture and to Ruth appreciating her simplicity and guts.

While I prepared to sleep I recalled how my day went, the good news I heard, the people I met at the park, the others that behaved absurd to me and yet those who were truly working behind to see I excelled, I thanked God for them all and took my rest for the nigth.

Despite how crazy our world is rigth now, we still have expectional people who go out of their way to appreciate souls, make one smile and lend a helping hand, won't you rather be one?

Vivsravine speaks 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEFORE I DO

STOP 🛑 IT

DONT BE INTIMIDATED