ABOUT LOOSING A LOVED ONE, VALUE WHAT YOU HAVE

 


Some days ago, i stumbled at an old friend's wall and I saw a lot of condolence messages on his wall, it was then I realised he lost his dad a day before.

Then I went into his inbox to condole with him, so yesterday we spoke on phone, while I spoke with him i could feel the pain in his voice even though he was trying to be a man.

While we spoke and I asked about the burial he wasn't even sure if he would be around for the burial because he is far off and what saddens him the most was that he didn't have the opportunity of having a last chat with his dad.

I tried to console him and left him with words of hope and encouragement knowing that he will scale through this trying phase.

When we ended the call, I went into my shell to see if I can understand what he is currently going through, then I recalled what he said while we spoke, he said, his grateful that he knows who his father was, that many don't even have an idea of who their parents was, so many lost theirs while they were much little and became orphans at a tender age, but he is still grateful he had a good rapport with his dad, just that he wished he still lived more.

My thoughts kept racing and I started appreciating value and what my parents have deposited in my life personally.

The need to cherish every moment with them counts, the need to sacrifice more for them and appreciate them for taking care of you and giving you the best they could offer and giving up so many of their dreams to see you succeed.

There are times when our folks could make us so angry and we become at loggerheads with them yet they do it for our own good.

I left my room, went to my dad's room and gave him a big hug, he was asking me what happened, I just told him I appreciate him for all the sacrifices he did to make sure I and my siblings excelled in life.

Indeed we need to show our parents lots of love and support them when they need us most, these individuals are selfless and supportive, yet we pray that God allows them to enjoy the fruits of their labors in all their wards and relatives.

May God grant those good parents who have died eternal rest and may he bless the living to enjoy the rewards therein

Vivsravine


speaks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEFORE I DO

STOP 🛑 IT

DONT BE INTIMIDATED