HALF A WOMAN, NO SUCH THING

Growing up as a girl, we were taught about basic life principles and we were guided jealousy so as to aviod certain mistakes that would be fatal and colossal.

When I had my first menstruation my mum told me something very shocking, she said "now you are a woman" she went ahead to give me wrappers and so many admonishing words that I held so keenly till date.

When I was in my teens and also when I became an early adult, I heard something different from what my mum told me, some girls got married and had babies, while some became pregnant without a father, yet for all the reasons in the world I heard people say "now they are complete woman ''

Stll shocked at what I heard, I became even more confused when the situation as to how they put to birth came to be.

These same people categorised women who put to birth using normal virginal delivery as complete women and those who gave birth through cesarean operation as half women.

In my awe, I decided to ask questions as a full flagged adult, seems the controversy is more than enough to ask and get the rigth answers.

No ones seems to give an accurate answer, rather what they came by with was selfish, archaic and sentimental answers that are either religion based, traditional beliefs and personal opinion to this questions, no logical and factual answers provided.

No girl, lady or woman is half or incomplete, a girl child or as an adult is considered a human and should be respected, married or not, gave birth through normal birth or Cesarean or barren, what ever the case, everyone of them is unique and gifted

There is no such thing as "half a woman" we are fashioned and blessed in various capacities and we implore all who ate directly or indirectly related to us to treat us well for a better nation building

Vivsravine speaks 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEFORE I DO

STOP 🛑 IT

DONT BE INTIMIDATED